I think distraction will be the theme of my self portrait. Distraction and procrastination, and then also my better side. My work habits are pretty manic and I have no way of planning my time, because even setting aside time is no assurance. I have myriad mental blocks against doing work ahead of time and in a timely matter. Often it seems the only solution is staying up all night the night before. Pressure is the only thing that can keep me focused but even then I take numerous side routes and wikipedia binges. But when I know how to do something or if it isn't required I need no prompting at all. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself in the long run.
ANYWAYS, I want to try do something with this. I'm thinking a segment of time lapse pacing in my apartment. Maniacal laughter.
This negative side of my personality shouldn't be the only thing in focus, so I guess this will only be one layer.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so i was reading this, and eerily reminded of myself, because i work in much of the same way. it's crazy, it's like, i'll have a month to do something, and the night before it's due, i'm up til 5 am, trying to start it, much less finish it... i also work in long spurts. i can't do 10 hours of work over 10 days. i'd rather just sit down for 10 hours at one time and do it all, ya know? anyhow, i found that this differs a little bit on certain projects (especially things such as this, fun projects) but it's very true to form with other, very boring things (writing research papers, studying for tests, etc...)
anyhow, just though i'd throw that out there.
i am absolutely into this idea. find a way to technically as well as conceptually capture that spirit that you describe!
also, im not sure where you're at on FCP, but since this is a solo project, if you still want some one on one tutoring let me know and we can make an appt. i think you mentioned early on that you're still relatively new to the software so im here to help if you need it!
Post a Comment